Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Good Morning! Potato & Egg Breakfast Skillet

Pin It Now!

Did someone say breakfast?! Breakfast is my fiancés favorite meal of the day so I try my best to fill his mornings with yummy food and plenty of coffee. While he absolutely adores cereal and milk, sometimes I surprise him by actually cooking. I am definitely not a morning person but making food for loved ones always makes me happy!




Ingredients:
6-8 medium yukon gold potatoes
4 eggs
2-3 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced and seeded
1 tsp red pepper flake
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbl fresh parsley, roughly chopped
splash of red wine vinegar
salt & pepper

Directions:
Dice potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
In a large pot cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are nearly fork tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Mince garlic and red pepper flake.
Add garlic-red pepper flake, red bell peppers, splash of red wine vinegar, onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper to potatoes and mix.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, I use my trusty cast-iron skillet, and add potatoes and peppers. Cook 5 to 10 minutes until potatoes begin to brown.
Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Pour over potatoes, cover with lid  and cook eggs, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover, stir potatoes and eggs, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan (you know, the yummy stuff that sticks). Turn down the heat and let the eggs finish cooking. Sprinkle in tomatoes and cheese. Replace lid to melt cheese. When cheese is melted turn off the heat and top with parsley. Serve immediately.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line sugar pie!