Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Baked Chocolate Pudding!

Pin It Now!
I'm a chocolate lover. My husband however, is the biggest chocolate fanatic in existence. He could eat chocolate all day everyday. Every time I plan a dessert I know the question "Is it chocolate?" is coming. With this dessert the answer is yes!


This recipe is super simple. Once you've made it you probably won't need to look at the recipe again. It's that easy. I was really excited to make this baked pudding mostly because it's delicious but also because my husband just bought me a new baking dish from the Pioneer Woman collection! So far I have the set of plates and bowls, two casserole dishes, a large ceramic measuring cup, sheers, two knives, the masher, two flat-sided wooden spoons, the rounded wooden spoon and the grater. Needless to say I am a huge fan of hers! The bowl in the picture here is actually one out of her set. They come in a few colors but I chose blue. I love them but I think I may pick up the cream colored set too so I can mix and match!

Here's the recipe:
  • 4 large eggs, at room temperature (i set mine out on the counter in the morning and use them whenever i have a break in my schedule that day, they need at least 2 hours to come to temp)
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 tsp good vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder ( I use Hershey's Special Dark)
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 sticks or 1 cup of butter
  • 1/2 chocolate chips ( I used Hershey Kisses Chocolate Chips)
Preheat your oven to 325*. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and set aside to cool. Beat the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for 8-10 minutes on medium speed until the eggs are light yellow in color and slightly thickened. While the egg mixture is going sift together the flour and cocoa powder. Once the egg mixture is ready turn the mixer speed down to low, add the vanilla then and slowly add in the cocoa and flour a little at a time. When it's all combined give it a good mix on medium for 20-30 seconds just to be sure everything is thoroughly combined. Turn the speed back down to low and slowly drizzle in the cooled butter making sure that everything is well mixed. Remove the bowl from the mixer base and use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips. Butter a 2 to 2 1/2 qt baking dish and pour in the batter. Place the dish into a larger pan ( I used my roasting pan) and fill the pan with hottest tap water possible halfway up the side of the baking dish. Carefully place the pan into the oven and bake for exactly 1 hour. When the pudding is done baking it will appear very underdone and that is exactly what you want! Remove the baking dish from the water filled pan and allow it to cool on the counter for 20 minutes to let it set up. The longer you let it cool the thicker it will become. Now it's time to dig in! Serve it with a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream or a tall glass of ice cold milk! I also serve it with strawberries to cut the richness. I hope you love it as much as my husband does!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line sugar pie!