1 14oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2/3 cup Andes Mints, chopped, divided in half
Note * If you're pressed for time like me look for the bag of pre-chopped Andes Mints in the baking section of your local grocery store, they're a real time saver! *
- Double line a pan with aluminum foil; a square 8x8 or a round 9 inch will work. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray. An extremely thin layer of butter will also work in a pinch!
- Fill a saucepan with about 2 inches of water and set it on the stove over medium-low heat. Place a small heat proof bowl ( i use a Pyrex bowl) on top of the saucepan, creating a double boiler.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and half of the Andes Mints. Stir until smooth. Some of the Andes Mints might not be melted completely. This is totally okay!!
- Carefully pour the chocolate mixture into the foiled pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle on the remaining half of the Andes Mints and lightly press them into the chocolate to make sure they stay in place.
- Cover with plastic wrap (don't let the plastic wrap touch the fudge!) and refrigerate for two hours. It's ready to eat! Carefully pull the foil out of the pan and slice the fudge into squares with a sharp knife. Store in a tightly sealed plastic container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Enjoy your easy fudge!